Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Gift

     Happy Holidays everyone!!!! The holidays are about giving and receiving. Very recently, today to be exact, I received a very interesting gift from a friend of mine. I wasn't really expecting it. While I was packing my stuff for the morning classes, she came up to my locker and said, "Here, take it. It's for you." I was like, " Awe, you didn't have to get me something." I said that because I wasn't planning on getting her a gift.  Then, she said, " Dude, don't get excited. It's a toothbrush." I asked," Is it used?" She joked and said," Yeah, I gave you a used toothbrush. Enjoy." My reaction was like this...                                                            
       
 
If other people saw what she gave me they would be like this...
 
     This is how it all came to be. My friend asked me yesterday what I wanted. I said, "I don't want anything." We argued for a minute or two. Then, I told her, " I want a toothbrush." She asked, "Don't you already have a toothbrush?" I said," Duh but I want a new one." I said this because, I mean who would go to the store and gets their friend a toothbrush? I didn't want her to spend any money on me. The next day at school after our whole conversation,(refer to the first paragraph) she said, " I had a dentist appointment yesterday and my dentists gave me some toothbrushes, so I thought I should give one to you since you wanted it." She didn't spend any money on me which I was happy about. I probably would have liked to get anything other than a toothbrush but I grateful that she gave me something instead of nothing. She even wrapped it. Thank you Yasmeen. She said that I should get her toothpaste but I most likely won't. :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this blog! I like how you didn't ask for something huge, but just asked for something simple. It's quality over quantity. :)

    ReplyDelete