Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Loving Grandmother

"We must live, and when this is all over, we must work to make the world a better place. And if we die, we will die knowing that it was not our fault, that we did our best, and we can go to our deaths in dignity...I want you to both live...And to remember...You must choose love. Always choose love." 

     This is a quote that Erika said to her brother, Daniel and her friend, Rosa. When I read this quote, I thought of my grandmother. I called her Ammama, which means older mother in our Malayalam. She may not be with me me now but she was the most loving person I have ever known. Till this day my whole family talks about how amazing, kind and spiritual she was. I may not have known her for long but when I look back at pictures of me and her, both of us would always be laughing or smiling. My parents would tell me that if I cried she would be the only one to console me.
     She was loving to me just as Erika was loving for her brother and friend. Erika told her brother and Rosa, "...You must choose love. Always choose love." My grandmother was the kind of person would would say something like that because she cares for me and she wants me to have a good life. Erika looked at both sides of the situation and made it positive. She said, "We must live, and when this is all over we must work to make the world a better place. And if we die, we will die knowing that it was not our fault, that we did our best, and we can go to our deaths in dignity..." By all this she meant that whatever happens to them, everything will be okay. Daniel and Erika were very lucky to have a person like Erika in their lives just as I was so lucky to have my loving grandmother.





3 comments:

  1. I like how you compared Erika's quote to your grandmother. Is this quote from a book? Your grandmother seems like a very sweet and genuine person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this quote is from a book we are reading in ELA. It's called "Daniel's Story". It take place during the Holocaust which is what we were learning about in Social Studies. Yeah, my grandma was amazing. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this quote is from a book we are reading in ELA. It's called "Daniel's Story". It take place during the Holocaust which is what we were learning about in Social Studies. Yeah, my grandma was amazing. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete